Thursday, January 19, 2012

My First Post

Hey Everyone,

I hope that this blog finds you well and that you'll be happy to hear a little about me and this blog. I am writing my first post while most people my age are in class, but I am taking the semester off to figure out what i want to do with my life.

My name is Heath Stiltner, and until about 11 months ago I am sure hardly anyone knew who I was. I was just another 20-year-old college junior attending a prestigious independent school in the south. Flash forward a couple months and my best friend Ben Ashby and I started a new American Lifestyle magazine called FOLK Magazine. It was to be a fun summer project but when our facebook numbers grew from 2 to 2,500 in less than a week we knew it was something we had to jump into headfirst.

A few months later and one year older and I am writing, traveling, photographing, and setting up a shop for the magazine. I am currently the Fashion Director of the magazine and I spend all of the free time that I rarely get reading fashion blogs and boring Pinterest users with my interests.

Until recently I had no idea what I wanted to do. My hiatus from school and a major in Art History had me baffled as to what would lie ahead of me after my college career came to a close. The only option I saw for myself was to make my own future, so that's why I am here writing this blog.

I am an aspiring fashion blogger and fashion creator. I have spent years sketching, planning, and dreaming up a concept that I could bring to the American audience and I am finally putting that dream into action. In this blog I will document my daily life, the life of a magazine contributor and aspiring designer.

Buckle up, here we go!

Heath Stiltner
FOLK Magazine, Fashion Director.

P.S. find me and the magazine at the following places!

Me:

Magazine:

No comments:

Post a Comment