Saturday, February 11, 2012

What I Wore: To Ashland

The Henry Clay Estate, Ashland, in Lexington, KY.


It's been a while since my last What I Wore post so I decided to do a new one. This picture came from a trip to Ashland, the estate of Kentucky's famous United States Speaker of the House. The house is an amazing NRHP landmark built in early 19th Century Federal style. Being an art history buff-I have a soft spot for architecture-I love to visit as many of the historic homes and estates around Lexington as possible. The home has a lot of significance in the history of my college, Transylvania University, and the formation of the University of Kentucky so it is a pretty interesting piece of Lexington's history. If you ever get a chance to visit it, I recommend it. Especially in the summer, the same time this picture was taken. Enjoy! Click the picture of the estate to find more information about it!

Chambray Shirt (Belk, $20), Leather Belt (J.Crew),
Essential Chino Shorts in 5" inseam British Khaki
(J.Crew, $49.50)

No comments:

Post a Comment